Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Holiday Inn Family Suites - Lake Buena Vista (Lake Buena Vista, Florida)

From the hotel's original website.

Back in 2021, I added the somewhat awkwardly named The Nickelodeon Hotel—when it was just a Holiday Inn, addressing the flaws of a Defunctland video on the subject (during its time as the Nickelodeon hotel) while showing off more of the original hotel.1 As of this writing, the article is in need of an update, but I wanted to post it to Numbered Exits as part of a revamp to Carbon-izer.

In any case, the property at 18000 International Drive (the last address of Orlando's International Drive)2 opened in 1999 as "Holiday Inn Family Suites - Lake Buena Vista" and after dropping the Nickelodeon branding (which by 2016, had dropped all references to Holiday Inn, having lapsed the naming agreement with Holiday Inn. Afterward, it became the "Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites - Waterpark" (the Holiday Inn Resort brand created as a replacement to replace the older Holiday Inn SunSpree brand, though few SunSpree hotels made the transition).
I believe that the address was 14500 Continental Gateway through the Nick days.

The current hotel offers Lakeside Cafe (the breakfast buffet), Antonio's Pizzeria, Burger Theory & Pool Bar (near the pool), Hershey's Ice Cream, Red Panda & Sombrero's (rice bowls and Mexican food), and Hideaway Bar & Grill (full service).

1. I'm not sure what Defunctland does these days, I have to assume the high subscriber count translates into Patreon dollars, and that has to be a significant amount...but given how few videos are being put out that means getting thousands of dollars a month for doing literally nothing. It's unfortunate, but life's just not fair.
2. While I have previously covered another International Drive business with hopefully more to come, this segment of International Drive does not connect to the Orlando road. There is a short gap between Florida 535 and World Center Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment