Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Shoney's on Donelson Pike (Nashville, Tennessee)

Photo by author, 7/24
When it came to "try new restaurants" on my big trip, Shoney's was on that list, and the Shoney's at 546 Donelson Pike was the one I ended up going to.

It was "Flavor Fiesta" that day (or in layman's terms, Taco Tuesday) but I stayed with the traditional stuff, getting only two modest plates, one composing of pork chops, mac-n-cheese (would've preferred potatoes but they were out), vegetables, and a few rolls (I do enjoy bread), the other salad and canned fruit.

The oldest reference I can find is that this Shoney's was here in 1977 and rebuilt at some point in the 1990s for reasons unknown. Also, note the Buick Reatta in the parking lot; there's not too many of those around.
Neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment