Monday, August 12, 2024

Stuckey's (Hattiesburg, Mississippi)

There were a number of things I wanted to see and do on my last trip (the Grandy's was in one fact one of them) and while I couldn't do some of them there were others that I did do, like visiting a Stuckey's gas station.

The goal was a real Stuckey's, not one of these little gas stations that have some Stuckey's branded items inside (I didn't stop here; plus the nearby abandoned gas stations gave the whole corridor a bad vibe).

Pecan candy! They were expensive, though.
Instead I ended up visiting the Stuckey's at 6733 Highway 49, Hattiesburg, MS 39402. While I unfortunately didn't see any coffee mugs (I'm sure I didn't look hard enough) they did have quite a selection of pecan candy and some genuine Stuckey's falsa blankets. (No food service, though.) I ended up getting Brisk Blood Orange because it was the closest thing to what I really wanted...orange sweet tea. Brisk isn't really iced tea, but it was still good anyway.

Aforementioned falsa blankets.
I couldn't find the history of this one; just that it was in operation since the 1970s. I don't think I got gas there but still with a drink and my bladder emptied, I was soon on my way to Louisiana. I should also note that had I gone a bit to the east I would've come across one of Mississippi's few former Albertsons locations but unfortunately my main reason for wanting to visit the (former) store was to see if it had remnants of a mall connection to the defunct Cloverleaf Mall but it never did. Too bad. (Check out the link anyway.)

1 comment:

  1. While your trip to the former Stuckey's didn't conclude with you picking up a coffee mug, at least you got to see an authentic one! Also, thanks for the post link!

    ReplyDelete