One of the things I did on my most trip (2026) was visit new supermarkets that I previously hadn't been to (new chains, not new locations). While I won't be able to do a blow-by-blow of every stop I made on this trip (though I do have some photos and other things to share), I would like to share this WinCo Foods in Denton, Texas, which I visited July 14, 2026. WinCo Foods opened store #140 July 28, 2016 at 2645 West University Drive, meaning I visited just a few weeks shy of its 10th anniversary.
As for WinCo Foods, it was a rather empty-looking warehouse store (more Home Depot-like than H-E-B or Walmart) and its aisles came across like a cross between H-E-B and Aldi, but it had a great bulk section with chocolate-covered coffee beans for far less than what Central Market or Trader Joe's had. (No dried citrus fruits, though...that would've been the real treat...)
No comments:
Post a Comment