Friday, September 25, 2026

Hammond Square (Hammond, Louisiana)

From HammondSquare.com. The filename is theirs, not mine.
I covered Hammond Square Mall on Carbon-izer.com earlier this year, but now it's time to give it a proper canonized Numbered Exits entry. The original mall was located at 2000 SW Railroad Avenue. The current shopping center is sprawls out a lot more than the old mall used to be. The map below shows what is considered part of the mall per the center's owner Stirling Properties, showing the old (AMC Hammond Palace 10 opened in 1999 as Gulf State Theatres Palace 10) and later the additions (the Academy Sports + Outdoors at 600 C.M. Fagan Drive opened in 2011). JCPenney was a new addition (the original JCPenney moved out of town) while the small Dillard's remained. Initially, the north part of the mall featured Sears and Rite Aid, but when both closed (Sears as part of the failure of Sears Holdings Corporation in the late 2010s, and Rite Aid's pullout from Louisiana around the same time), they were demolished for new tenants including Five Below, HomeGoods, and Marshalls.

I visited the Best Buy here around August 2025 but I don't think I took any pictures of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment