This view of the new Albertsons isn't unique nor is the best, but it's my own picture. I had to crank up the exposure a bit. (7/2026)
Our next stop on my July 2026 vacation as far as supermarkets go is Ardmore, Oklahoma. I didn't intend to make this stop, it was more of a coincidence after I found that Ardmore was directly off I-35. I ended up buying some Gorilla Tape for car maintenance-related issues and some cat toys for a friend I was going to see several states away. I didn't take any pictures of the interior (the size and decor isn't that impressive, unfortunately) but it is the only Albertsons in the state of Oklahoma, having opened in February 2025, the first store in the state after an 18-year absence.
It is located at
1855 12th Avenue NW.
I don't have all the details here, but the way I understand it, it was originally supposed to be a Market Street (and larger) then United backed out, then the Southern Division decided to go ahead with it but with a smaller store than what United had planned (it's only a measly 50,000 square feet, which makes it substantially less impressive than it what it could've been).
No comments:
Post a Comment