Monday, September 2, 2024

Albertsons Texarkana (Texarkana, Arkansas)

This is how the Albertsons appeared in 2013 per Google. I don't have my own picture, it was overcast and I was losing daylight fast.
In what was perhaps the strangest state line crossing I have ever encountered, I turned left on State Line Road into Albertsons #611 (that's the store number today and I don't know if it was ever changed) at 3710 N. State Line Avenue, Texarkana, AR 71854. Tax records indicate the 64,793 square foot store was built in 1974 as Skaggs Albertsons and some newspaper archives from Shreveport do in fact indicate this became Skaggs Alpha Beta by the 1980s before its brief time as Jewel-Osco and finally getting renamed as Albertsons in 1992.

Given the fact that the exterior got a facelift sometime around 2015-2016 I'm assuming that's the last time the interior was updated though there seemed to be construction on flooring on my visit. My photos are below.
This is about what H-E-B charges, but does H-E-B have miniature versions?
A clean, bright store.
The flooring's torn up here.
All real soft drink brands as far as the eye can see.
Can't say Sunkist Orange Diet is very common.
No card required but added anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment