Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Defunct Western Sizzlin (Arkadelphia, Arkansas)

Picture by author July 2024
Not be confused with Sizzler, another restaurant that has largely retracted is Western Sizzlin, which we'll cover today. My local one closed back in 1996, though some still remain in this part of the country. This one is/was in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, which I came across while getting coffee at a nearby McDonald's on my big trip. I had thought I arrived too early in the day to be able to check out the restaurant for myself...but it had already been permanently closed for several years.

It appears to have closed during COVID; it was still open as March 2019 and there's a YouTube video from December 2020 that has the building abandoned (this newspaper on Issuu mentions Western Sizzlin in January 2020) and based on aerials opened in the early 1990s.

Braum's had purchased the building and lot in 2021 but as of October 2023 made no promises about opening. Given the building was still there in July 2024 no progress had been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment